Monday, January 6, 2014

Blended Scotch Whiskey

Chivas Regal Gold Signature Blended Scotch Whiskey

Established in 1801 in Aberdeen, Chivas Brothers Whiskey has a long standing tradition of presenting high quality aged Scotch to their customers. From awarded Royal Warrants by Queen Victoria to supply the royal household in 1843, the devastation of the 1920s prohibition, and their re-birth in the 1930s, the Chivas Brothers company has continued their quest to present their blend of scotch with the consistent flavour they're known for. Right now they offer a range of scotches aged from 12 to 25 years.


The Artist -

Knowing that I'm more of a liquor person, a good friend of mine presented me with a beautifully simple box which held a bottle of Chivas Regal Gold Signature 18 year Blended Scotch Whiskey. I thanked him repeatedly for the gift since I have always wanted to try it but never had a chance to purchase a bottle myself. For those of you who are familiar with scotch whiskey, you'll understand when I say that when I popped the cork and took my first whiff from it that my nose was greeted by a sweet yet mellow aroma. My initial sip of the amber liquid gave a warm sensation on my tongue but I couldn't help but enjoy the smooth flavor of the scotch, which is something missing from many other scotches I've had in the past. The sweetness of this one hints at the smoky barrels which held it and perhaps a bit of fruit notes. Out of curiosity, I went to the company's website and for my particular bottle they're suggesting that:

Nose – Rich, indulgent, multi-layered aromas with hints of dried fruits, buttery toffee and dark chocolate.

Taste – A velvety, dark chocolate palate yields to elegant floral notes and a wisp of sweet, mellow smokiness.

For those who enjoy a nice scotch, I would highly recommend that you give this a try. However with the price tag (depending on the seller) ranging anywhere between $55 to $90 for a single bottle, it would be one of those 'self-indulgence' types of purchases for a special occasion. If it is offered at a party then feel free, but as with any alcoholic beverage please drink responsibly and make sure that if you are in need of driving anywhere to make sure that you have a designated driver.



No comments:

Post a Comment